Thursday, March 21, 2019

SLOWER THAN EXPECTED

Well, I did go to IDA on Monday and buy some fabric for a border and binding.  It's the bright, deep pink to the right of the quilt.  I also did take out the block that didn't seem to fit in, but now another block looks too dark a hue.  At some point I have to decide this is O.K. the way it is!  Here's how the quilt looks today:

I was talked into the deep pink for border and binding.  It does (or did seem to) relate well to the deep pink in the quilt.  But it's easy to see now that it's not the right fabric.  It will go into the stash to be used another time.  But now the deep purple pinwheel bothers me.

Taking out the other block and dismantling it took an hour, and then putting it back together some more time.  But I think I'm going to do the same with the dark purple.  It just bothers me too much.

Then my friend S. mentioned (about the deep pink) but what if it's a boy?  Oh...  So this is still a quilt in progress.  I will keep posting it until it's finished!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment