Monday, February 4, 2019

GOT A LOT DONE

I was happy with what I accomplished this morning: by 10 a.m. I had the laundry done--all two loads--and then I hung the new painting over the couch.  I borrowed a stud finder from Dennis, located the studs, which, of course, were not in places where I wanted to drive in the nails!  But these few tools were enough to do the job: a yardstick, a level, hammer, screw driver and pencil.  I had marked the studs with a pencil.  Now I had to figure out how to hang the picture level when the studs were in the wrong places.

I centered the painting above the couch, put a screw in a stud which was pretty much in the middle, did some measuring on the back of the framed picture, and put two screws into the drywall about 2" lower than the main screw and about 32" apart.  Well, that was about my third try.  And that worked.


I think it looks just right!

Then I went to the Amenities Committee meeting as they had the renovation of the sewing room on their agenda--again!  The report was simply that they were in the process of getting new estimates on cabinets, etc., since so much time had gone by since the estimates were given.  We were all happy with that report, except for two of the new quilters this year who want to get in touch with our liaison with the committee and give things a good push forward.  I just hope they don't interfere with the process.  This renovation has been in "the works" for many years now.  It was supposed to be accomplished last summer and now is promised to be done by this coming fall.  We HOPE SO!

No comments:

Post a Comment